tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: SOLVED: How to get the context path for a web application?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:27:16 GMT
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Jacob Kjome wrote:

| To get the context path at init time, try this....

Thanks..! Good to see that others (log4j!!) have this problem!
  However, I have been thinking along these lines (the second idea
presented) already, but it then again boils down to that you really cannot
assume anything about what environment you're within. See, typically in
the development environements we use, the dirname of the webapp have
nothing in common with the "mount name" (you specify that in the tomcat
server config file, or these other "xml-snippets" outside of the file) -
thus I'm back to the starting point: no knowledge!

If only the SerlvetContext object would be so nice as to have a simple
method getContextPath(), we'd all be happy!

Endre