tomcat-users mailing list archives

From d...@lexmark.com
Subject servlet-mapping required??? Tomcat 5 upgrade problem...
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:57:17 GMT
Sorry for the traffic - I solved it myself.

Obviously, you have to uncomment both the invoker servlet, AND the invoker
mapping.

cheers,

David

----- Forwarded by David Hay/Lex/Lexmark on 08/03/2004 01:56 PM -----
|         |           David Hay        |
|         |           08/03/2004 01:51 |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:      "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                                       |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject: servlet-mapping required???  Tomcat 5 upgrade problem...(Document link:
David Hay)                      |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I'm using Struts with Tomcat, and am upgrading to Tomcat 5.

It appears that it won't recognize any of my servlets, though, which I
could previously call though ...[webapp]/servlet/servletname.

I managed to call them by adding a servlet-mapping to eliminate the
/servlet/ bit, but this is an existing app and I don't want to change
everything to that degree.

Can't I still use /servlet/ ?  What am I missing?

cheers,

David