tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pradeep Chauhan" <pradeep.chau...@indussoft.com>
Subject RE: [SPAM_EMAIL] - Re: Migration to TOMCAT 5 - Found word(s) list error in the Text body.
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 07:56:04 GMT
Hi ,

Here is the example  how to it.

Server.xml
<GlobalNamingResources><!--Define  Resource Name-->
<Resource name="jdbc/Test" scope="Shareable" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/Test">
      <parameter>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>
</GlobalNamingResources>

<Context>
	  <ResourceLink global="jdbc/Test" name="TEST"/><!--Give reference name to
ur Resource -->
</context>

In Web.xml ( present in root/webapps/Appicationfolder/web-inf/

<resource-ref><!--tell application which Reference name is to use -->
	<description>Oracle Datasource example</description>
	<res-ref-name>TEST</res-ref-name>
	<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

And if you are Defining ur Resource name in Context tag it self then i think
there is no need to do any modification in Web.xml

Regards,
Pradeep Chauhan