tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Bookey" <ben.boo...@gistec-online.de>
Subject Tomcat Realm--> pasword encryption & servlet location in a webApp
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 08:02:34 GMT
Dear list,

2 questions

1) I think I remember reading somewhere that there was a .bat batch file
which we could run
on production machines, so that passwords are encrypted. Can anyone
enlighten ?

2) Whats the best configuration mechanism for my servlets? I think its
better to add the
the servlets to my com.mycompany.myapp package (or?), BUT, is it a security
flaw when
I set in my app, the <url-pattern> begininning with /servlet/* (see below
example). I again have read that the
servlet url-pattern should not begin with /servlet

 <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>servletName</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servlet/servletName</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

regards.

Ben