tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Fournier, Pete" <pfourn...@national.aaa.com>
Subject RE: Defining heap memory as a windows service
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:07:59 GMT
Sorry, wrong file. Not Catalina.bat, the correct file is service.bat.

I just did a couple service install/removes to see the memory settings
change. I have console outs from my app reporting memory so I can see it
does set it.

Here is an example of the change I made.

"%EXECUTABLE%" //US//%SERVICE_NAME% --JvmOptions
"-Dcatalina.base=%CATALINA_BASE%;-Dcatalina.home=%CATALINA_HOME%;-Djava.
endorsed.dirs=%CATALINA_HOME%\common\endorsed;-Xmx500M;-Xms200M;-Xbootcl
asspath:%XBOOT14%" --StartMode jvm --StopMode jvm
rem More extra parameters
set PR_STDOUTPUT=%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stdout.log
set PR_STDERROR=%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log
"%EXECUTABLE%" //US//%SERVICE_NAME% ++JvmOptions
"-Djava.io.tmpdir=%CATALINA_BASE%\temp"
echo The service '%SERVICE_NAME%' has been installed

Peter Fournier