tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Varley, Roger" <Roger.Var...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Is it possible to force Tomcat to drop a servlet?
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:53:27 GMT
Hi

I'm experiencing odd failures when a servlets init procedure is called for a second time.
What I *think* is happening is that Tomcat is deactivating the servlet (as it is allowed to
do) but some of the singleton objects created by the servlet initialisation routine are not
being culled at the same time. As a result, when Tomcat receives a request for this servlet
and starts to re-load it, my servlet is falling over when it tries to create objects that
already exist. Obviously this is a logic problem with my servlet rather than with Tomcat but
so that I can test my theory (and soloution), how can I "force" tomcat to drop my servlet
and reload it under controlled conditions without re-loading the entire web-app? Reloading
the entire application through the manager doesn't appear to exhibit the problem.

Regards
Roger

liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.