tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik \(lists\)" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject RE: Access JBoss from Tomcat
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:14:42 GMT
there are a gazillion tutorials on how to access EJB on google.
this is very simple

1. Place your jboss-client libraries (including the class files for your ejb
home and interface) in WEB-INF/lib (as jar files)
2. Get the JNDI context for the JBoss server
  Properties props = new Properties();
  props.setProperty(...); //set the URL to the jboss server
  InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(props);
  MyEJBHome ejbHome = (MyEJBHome)ctx.lookup("your.jndi.name.for.ejb");
  MyEJB ejb = ejbHome.create();
  //invoke the ejb
  ejb.pleaseGoogleForInfo();

and that is it

Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Darryl L. Pierce [mailto:mcpierce@myrealbox.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 6:06 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Access JBoss from Tomcat

On Thursday 26 August 2004 06:36 pm, Robert F. Hall wrote:
> With web services comm is done over http.
>
> With EJBs comm is done using RMI
>
> Both have overhead costs.  And both can be suprisingly efficient
> when you consider everything that is involved in a round-trip.

Okay, whatever.  The point is, I don't want to use web services. I want to
access them as EJBs. That's what I'm looking for advice on, not on doing it
some other way. Thanks for you input, though. :)

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@myrealbox.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>

---