tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik \(lists\)" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject RE: Access JBoss from Tomcat
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:58:51 GMT
just access the EJBs the same way its been done since the spec started.
Lookup the EJB through JNDI, then invoke its method.

Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert F. Hall [mailto:rfhall@berkeley.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 5:50 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Access JBoss from Tomcat

Howdy,

You could access your JBoss hosted EJBs as web services.  It's been
awhile since I did it,
but as I recall it was pretty straight forward to present an EJB as a
web service using JBoss/Axis.
You won't need to secure your web services since the host is on your
internal network and
can be prottected from external access.

You'll need WSDL definitions and then can use
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java to generate
Java client code.  JBoss provides some assistance for presenting an EJB
as a web service,
see org.jboss.net.axis.server.EJBProvider.

Direct access to the EJBs would also be possible, with the client code
residing in your
perimeter Tomcat server.

HTH,
Robert

Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

>I have a Tomcat server running on the perimeter of my network. I am trying
>add some EJBs to the architecture to handle some authentication tasks for
>users. I need this work to be done within the network, so don't want to put
>JBoss on the perimeter. I want to access my JBoss server from my Tomcat
>server.
>
>How do I configure Tomcat to talk to JBoss? All links I find online talk
about
>JBoss with Tomcat within it, and I've not found any information on
>configuring a standalone Tomcat to talk to JBoss. My Tomcat server is
4.1.30
>and my JBoss server is 3.2.5.
>
>Any help is appreciated.

---