tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik \(lists\)" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject RE: adding <distributable/> garbles sesion id string
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:34:14 GMT
JBoss doesn't use Tomcat clustering code, they have their own, hence you
will see a different session id

Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 2:45 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: adding <distributable/> garbles sesion id string

Hi
What you think is one matter, and servlet specification compliance is
another ;)  Is there something in the Servlet Spec that's being
violated, or is the clustering behavior not working for you?  In other
words, are you seeing a bug or just unhappy that the session ID is not
human-readable?

When you set distributable, it's a big deal.  The clustering code kicks
in and among other things it can modify session IDs to prepare for
replication and state synchronization among cluster nodes.  So if you
change between distributable and not on the fly, you can expect this
session management behavior change.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

intended