tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com>
Subject RE: JTA & tomcat
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:36:18 GMT
hi;
actually, my need are very basic. i dont even need a distributed transaction
only a simple JDBC transaction but for architecture reasons i cant use the
JDBC transaction in the DAO level but something in a higher level such as
JTA.
will the tomcat user transaction implementation be enough in this case?

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 5:26 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: JTA & tomcat

Hola,
Version 5.0.26 (and better yet, 5.0.27 which is stable) fixes the
TransactionFactory bug you're seeing.  So update to 5.0.27 if you can.

You would probably need to download JOTM (not JTOM, unless JTOM just
happens to be a Java transaction provider project I don't know about ;))
or another similar component, but that depends on your needs: how do you
plan on using these transactions?  If you use a JDBC DataSource provider
that's XA-enabled, such as Tyrex, you can use its transactions and
leverage Tomcat's JNDI capabilities all in one: see the User
Transactions section of
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.htm
l.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

org.apache.naming.factory.TransactionFactory.getObjectInstance(Transa
>ctionFactory.java:145)
>at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:3
>01)
>at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:838)
>
>so i guess that something is binded under this name in JNDI and flow
goes
>the trasactionFactory so what the deal here?
>any help is appreciated.
>thanks in advance.

>Guy Katz
>Allot Communications