tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Zammetti" <fzamm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 5 SSL problem
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:09:03 GMT
Hello all.  I'm trying to get SSL working on my Tomcat 5.0.27 instance...
I've read all the how-to's and spent an hour Googling, but I can't get past
an issue I'm having...

I have the following entry in my server.xml:

  <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector"
  enableLookups="true"
  acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
  useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true">
  <Factory className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
  keystoreFile="c:\tomcat\.keystore" keystorePass="my_password"
  clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" />
  </Connector>

The keystore file is there, and I believe generated properly, as per the
how-to instructions.  When I start Tomcat however, I get the following
exception:

  [INFO] Http11Protocol - Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8181
  [ERROR] Http11Protocol - Error initializing socket factory
<java.lang.ClassNotFo
  undException: Can't find any SSL
implementation>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
  : Can't find any SSL implementation
          at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLImplementation.getInstance(SSLImplement
  ation.java:57)
          at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLImplementation.getInstance(SSLImplement
  ation.java:63)
          at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.checkSocketFactory(Http11Prot
  ocol.java:770)
          at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:119)

          at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.
  java:1429)
          at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.j
  ava:609)
          at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.jav
  a:2384)
          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:507)
          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:528)
          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:247)
          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:421)

  [ERROR] Catalina - Catalina.start <LifecycleException:  Protocol handler
initial
  ization failed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Can't find any SSL
implementat
  ion>LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
java.lang.Class
  NotFoundException: Can't find any SSL implementation
          at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.
  java:1431)
          at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.j
  ava:609)
          at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.jav
  a:2384)
          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:507)
          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:528)
          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:247)
          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:421)

Tomcat DOES continue to run, but obviously without SSL working.  Any ideas?
Thanks all!

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies