tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <missionco...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat Servlet.init() error
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 03:14:50 GMT
Configuration: Solaris 9, Apache 1.3, Tomcat 4.0.1, default JSDK

Hello!!  I'm new to Tomcat and I recently changed some of the configuration files while deploying
my web application.  After doing so I encountered this problem for some time, which has left
my strictly working with Servlets.  Each time I attempt to display a JSP page I get the following
error:

I would really appreciate any assistance.

Thanks in advance,
Cliff

 Apache Tomcat 4.0.1 HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp threw exceptionetc... root
cause java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/logging/Logger
	at org.apache.jasper.Constants.message(Constants.java:244)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.init(JspServlet.java:265)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:852)