tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Doe" <mobilephant...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: web.xml: my default.css file does not work correctly
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:14:57 GMT
Thanks for this. But it still didn't answer my problem (which is solved --
see below). I don't have a 'welcome file'. I have a welcome page generated
by a servlet -- so you can reference it with

   http://localhost:8080/context/home.myext

And I can map this no problem. But to get this to work:

   http://localhost:8080/context/

fails. I assumed the '<welcome-file-list>' was relevant, but it only seems
to be for real files (html, jsp, etc), not for 'virtual' URLs.

But for the record I solved my problem by creating an index.html file with
just:

   <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=/context/home.myext">

and had *everything* else mapped using my Router servlet. Works like a
dream!

Thanks again.

Joe.