tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aris Javier" <>
Subject RE: Connecting to MS Access DB
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:02:57 GMT

got the same error before.. please check if you have declared "User DSN"
and "System DSN" at the same time.. if you do, then delete your "User
DSN". Only "System DSN" should prevail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Bateman []
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 12:02 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Connecting to MS Access DB

Search the list...  You will see that Windows 2000/2003/XP services need
know how to "log into" any data bases in order to access them.  One of
biggest problems with services is accessing "mapped" files or files that

require "user permissions."  It is unfortunate, but a fact of life on
2000/2003 and XP.

Just a thought...  Can you use the "personal" version of SQL Server
instead of Access?  I believe Tomcat service will access this just fine.

Same with MySQL and Postgres SQL.

On Monday 02 August 2004 11:51 am, Muhammad Khalid Sohail Khan wrote:
> hi,
> now I have created a "System DSN", its works in the
> sense that now there is no ODBC or data source name
> error, but now I am getting the  following exception.
> "org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException:
> Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (General error)"
> everything works fine when I run tomcat not as service (I am using
> win2k). But I want to run it as service..
> any idea?
> Khalid
> University of Duisburg

To unsubscribe, e-mail: