tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nitschke Michael" <mnitsc...@mbi.co.at>
Subject RE: Is it possible to force Tomcat to drop a servlet?
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:41:11 GMT
I know now way to do it.
You should do your clean-up in a method called destroy(), its called at
the time tomcat unloads the servlet.

mfg
Michael Nitschke

-----Original Message-----
From: Varley, Roger [mailto:Roger.Varley@atosorigin.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 11:53 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Is it possible to force Tomcat to drop a servlet?

Hi

I'm experiencing odd failures when a servlets init procedure is called
for a second time. What I *think* is happening is that Tomcat is
deactivating the servlet (as it is allowed to do) but some of the
singleton objects created by the servlet initialisation routine are not
being culled at the same time. As a result, when Tomcat receives a
request for this servlet and starts to re-load it, my servlet is falling
over when it tries to create objects that already exist. Obviously this
is a logic problem with my servlet rather than with Tomcat but so that I
can test my theory (and soloution), how can I "force" tomcat to drop my
servlet and reload it under controlled conditions without re-loading the
entire web-app? Reloading the entire application through the manager
doesn't appear to exhibit the problem.

Regards
Roger

__

e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it.
As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos Origin
group
sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender
does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be
liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.