tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Problems deploying an example application
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:02:32 GMT

Hi,
You're doing several things wrong.

>database via OJB. I successfully built ojb-servlet.war

Successfully, perhaps, but incorrectly.

>- I dropped ojb-servlet.war into Tomcat's webapps
>directory. When Tomcat starts up, it explodes the WAR
>into webapps/ojb-servlet.
>- I added the following context to Tomcat's server.xml
>
><Context path="" docBase="ojb-servlet"
>debug="0"></Context>

Unless you really want it deployed twice, EITHER turn off autoDeploy and
keep your Context definition, OR just drop the WAR in webapps and use
the default path of /ojb-servlet.

>- I added the following to Tomcat's web.xml (For some
>reason, there's no web.xml in ojb-servlet/WEB_INF):

That's why I said you created the WAR incorrectly: a valid WAR file
contains a deployment descriptor, i.e. WEB-INF/web.xml.  BTW it's
WEB-INF not WEB_INF.  So revisit how you're creating this WAR and make
sure the web.xml is there with your servlet declaration and mapping.

>java.io.IOException: Can't read repository file
>'/Users/davide/Desktop/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/ojb-servlet/WEB-
>INF/classes/repository.xml'
>
>org.apache.ojb.servlet.TestServlet.getTableIterator(Unknown
>Source)

Check the code it's using in getTableIterator.  Is it a
getResource/getResourceAsStream, or a java.io.File-based lookup?

Yoav Shapira