tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: performance metrics of servlets in Tomcat 4.1.30.
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:02:23 GMT

Hola,

>>>Does Tomcat 4.1.30 provide any MBeans for monitoring
>>>the above metrics?
>>
>>No.
>
>Pure FUD.  You need to specify the jsr77Names="true" attribute to the
>ServerLifecyleListener to have TC 4 JMX register the servlets, but
>otherwise
>its much like TC 5.  You might also need updated Connector jars (these
can
>be swapped between any version of Tomcat), especially if you want the
>information for JK requests.

For the specific beans he asked about, I'm pretty sure you need to swap
the connector jars.  The jsr77Names attribute is not documented (and set
to false by default) so one would have to look at the code to know of it
;)  Given those two, you can't get that data with 4.1.30 out of the box,
which is why I said no, and I don't think that's FUD ;)

Yoav