tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: performance metrics of servlets in Tomcat 4.1.30.
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:36:10 GMT

Hi,

>Does Tomcat 4.1.30 provide any MBeans for monitoring
>the above metrics?

No.

>Is there any way to get the
>performance metrics from Tomcat 4.1.30 other than JMX
>interface?

You'd have to write some code and rebuild Tomcat with your code for
tracking.

>Where can I find a document that specifies
>the MBeans supported in Tomcat 4.1.30 and Tomcat 5.0
>versions?

See the mbeans-descriptors.xml file (org.apache.catalina.mbeans
package).  There's a brief document at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/mbeans-descriptor-howto.
html.  But there's no one comprehensive document listing all the MBeans,
operations, and attributes supported the different Tomcat version.  Such
a document would be nice: do you feel like writing and contributing it?
;)

Consider this another reason to upgrade to Tomcat 5.x.

Yoav