tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Where to put Listener & Realm instead of server.xml?
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:19:21 GMT

Hi,
If you're using Tomcat 5.x, you can put these in the context.xml file
(in the META-INF directory of your application / WAR).  They don't go in
web.xml, as they're not portable, but rather they are Tomcat-specific.
If you're using Tomcat 4.x, consider this another reason to upgrade ;)

Note however that Realm implementations need to be visible to the common
classloader.  So if the "..." in your message is a custom Realm
implementation, you're SOL as far as self-containment goes.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics