tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat-4.1.27 not picking up jsse from j2sdk-1.4.1
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:02:12 GMT

Hi,
Good, I was just going to suggest jpackage.org if you go with an RPM at
all.  The alternative of a tomcat download from the jakarta site is also
good.  And either way, consider upgrading to tomcat 5.x especially if
you're just getting started and don't have legacy requirements.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

It
>> seems that the rpm installation of tomcat hard coded some things -
there
>> is no catalina.sh.
>>

>> On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 09:21, QM wrote:
>> > On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 10:36:22PM -0400, Rob Scala wrote:
>> > : When running a stand-alone program, it works fine, but within
tomcat
>> > : get an exception: "Protocol handler not found: https".
>> > :
>> > : I note that Security.getProviders() returns different provider
lists.
>> > : With the stand-alone program, it gets the expected list: SUN,
>SunJSSE,
>> > : SunRsaSign, SunJCE, and SunJGSS.  The same code in tomcat lists
only
>one
>> > : provider: GNU.
>> >
>> > Any chance you're not using the JDK you think you are?
>> >
>> > Have a JSP print out the value of the system property
"java.version"