tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Where do I place a servlet class
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:29:41 GMT

Hi,

>I added the servlet mapping entry but it's still not working.
>I have the class file in /dev_new/WEB-INF/classes/umJavaLib/.  Does the
>class file need to go into a special directory of anything?
>
>	<servlet>
>                <servlet-name>servUploadMedia</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>umJavaLib.servUploadMedia</servlet-class>
>                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>        </servlet>
>	 <servlet-mapping>
>                <servlet-name>servUploadMedia</servlet-name>
>                <url-
>pattern>/dev_new/servlet/umJavaLib.servUploadMedia</url-pattern>
>        </servlet-mapping>

First try to get it to work in tomcat-standalone.  It's the KISS
principle.

Do you realize what the above url-pattern means?  With it, you can
access your servlet at
http://yourhost:yourport/yourwebapp/dev_new/server/umJavaLib.servUploadM
edia.  A more typical url-pattern would just be
<url-pattern>/uploadMedia</url-pattern, and then you'd access your
servlet at http://yourhost:yourport/yourwebapp/uploadMedia.

If you're unclear on url-pattern and how it works, check out the Servlet
Specification itself for details and examples.

Yoav Shapira