tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: problem inserting Blob into database
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:43:09 GMT

Hi,
The getDelegate call would return a ResultSet that you can cast for
oracle's ResultSet impl as you have been doing in the past.  You're
right that QM's suggestion requires DBCP-specific code and is thus
undesirable in your scenario.  I saw your original message, and I wonder
if it's possible for you to use just the java.sql.ResultSet methods to
work with the Blobs, not the oracle-specific ones.  If not, you will
have a couple of options:
- Don't use container-provided connection pooling, but your own, so that
you can use the same provider (e.g. DBCP) across all your application
server.
- Do some fancy (or ugly, depends on your mood ;)) reflection work to
figure out how to get the oracle result set impl class from the result
set provided by the container.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics