tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Deploying webapp getting error no !/ in spec
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:37:56 GMT
Hi,
You might want to re-read the "Supported Manager Commands" section of
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Deplo
y%20A%20New%20Application%20Remotely.  Specifically, you're using the
path attribute wrong.  I think you want the war parameter in addition to
the path (which is simply the context path, not the disk path to the WAR
file).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

installation, so
>it is something specific to the webapp I guess
>
>3)  I can successfully deploy the same actual myapp.war file on a WinXP
box
>running Tomcat5.0.19
>
>4)  I get this error if I deploy using:
>http://localhost:8080/manager/deploy?path=/usr/local/tomcat-
>5.0.27/webapps/myapp.war
>
>....but if I merely put the war file in the webapps directory and
restart
>Tomcat, I just get WARNING of:
>WARNING: Exception while expanding web application archive myapp.war
>
>I am having trouble guessing what "no !/ in spec" could mean, and
therefore
>I'm not sure where to continue my troubleshooting.  Does anyone know
what
>that means?
>
>Thanks,
>Rob
>

>---------START ERROR MESSAGE------------
>2004-08-11 12:00:37 StandardContext[/manager]Manager: install:
Installing
>web application at '/usr/local/tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/myapp.war' from
>'jar:file:/usr/local/tomcat-
>5.0.27/work/Catalina/localhost/manager/usr#local
>#tomcat-5.0.27#webapps#myapp.war!/'
>2004-08-11 12:00:37 StandardContext[/manager]Manager:
>ManagerServlet.install[/usr/local/tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/myapp.war]
>java.net.MalformedURLException: no !/ in spec
>        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:571)
>        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:434)
>        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:383)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:9
22)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:7
35)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.doGet(ManagerServlet.java:32
2)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applic
atio
>FilterChain.java:237)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFil
terC
>ain.java:157)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperVal
ve.j
>va:214)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:104)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
520)