tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5 wb access
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:53:05 GMT
Hi,

>: I was wondering if it is possible to configure some where in Tomcat
so
>that only one person can access my web app at a time.
>
>Perhaps you could set the <Connector> element's maxThreads attribute to
1.
>Maybe.

Actually, there's a hard-coded minimum higher than one.  The
one-user-only use-case is explicitly one we leave up to the webapp
developer to implement.  We're more concerned with allowing maximum
users with maximum efficiency.

>-or you could write a Servlet filter to handle this? That may get
messy.

Actually, it'd be pretty trivial to write a ServletFilter that's also an
HttpSessionListener and keeps track of the active session count,
rejecting all requests when the active session count is 1.

Yoav Shapira