tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: SOLVED: How to get the context path for a web application?
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:30:11 GMT

Hi,

>Agreed, but my follow-up question was if there was such a call to be
done
>using a ServletContext/ServletConfig object so that you can get the
context
>path in initialization servlets, etc., before a request comes in.

No, and an archive search would reveal past discussions around this
issue (though none recently).   Webapps are supposed to be independent
of their server configuration including with regards to context path,
and so the Servlet Spec actively discourages you from doing webapp
initialization or configuration based on such data.  A lot of people
debated for a long time what does and doesn't go into the
ServletContext/ServletConfig objects as opposed to Request/Response
objects.

Yoav