tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Continous Axis deployment forces Tomcat OutOfMemoryException
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:04:03 GMT

Hi,
If you search the archives you will see that this has been discussed
many times, though not specifically to Axis.  Generally, yes, continuous
redeployment results in monotonically increasing memory, for a variety
of less and more complex reasons.  Don't do it on a production server,
or if you must then restart Tomcat regularly (for example in the middle
of the night) to prevent OOMEs.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics