tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Hanging after 8 sendRedirect()s
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:19:26 GMT

Hi,
There might be some browser checks for this sort of stuff.  I remember
reading about a virus that repeatedly redirected a hidden frame to its
own URL for reading session data (cookies), and subsequently Microsoft
and other vendors putting safeguards in their browsers against this sort
of behavior.   But then again, this paragraph is based upon dull
recollections of events that are at least four years old and may just be
in my imagination, given that it's Friday afternoon after a long week.

Do the first few redirects work OK?  Does the AccessLogValve show
anything interesting for the 8th and subsequent redirects?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics