tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: classloader hangs
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:22:03 GMT

Hi,
If you get a thread dump of the JVM while it's hanging, what does it
show?

The URLClassLoader is intended for use within Tomcat.  It's nice that
you have a program using outside Tomcat, but it's not that meaningful
for comparison testing.  The ClassLoading scheme and hierarchy inside a
servlet container is significantly different from the one inside a
console Java application.

NoClassDefFound is not an exception, it's an Error.  It's different from
ClassNotFoundException.  And that difference (see the JavaDoc for both)
may be the root of your problem.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics