tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: JMS with tocmat
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:24:10 GMT

Hi,

>Wow, I was actually just trying to figure out how to hook up a Tomcat
>system to a remote jBoss JMS queue. Is there good documentation on how
>to accomplish this on the OpenJMS site?

Why would the OpenJMS site have any JBoss documentation?  It has good
docs for how to connect and use an OpenJMS server.

The process would be the same for all such servers though:

- Download the JMS client jar for your JMS server and put it in your
webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.
- Write your code to explicitly specify the connection factory in the
InitialContext environment.  This will be an implementation class
specific to your JMS server, e.g. weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory
for Weblogic, org.exolab.jms.jndi.InitialContextFactory for OpenJMS,
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory for JBoss.
- Specify the server name and port also in the InitialContext
environment.

That's it, the rest is like any JMS tutorial: do a JNDI lookup for your
connection, then your queue/topic, get a session, etc.

Yoav