tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: JMS with tocmat
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:40:09 GMT

Hi,
It depends how you mean "supported."  Ralph is correct if you mean to
use Tomcat as a JMS server.  But of course if you want to use Tomcat as
a JMS client, that is sending and receiving messages, you absolutely
can.  I use Tomcat with OpenJMS routinely and have used it to talk to
remove Weblogic, Websphere, and JBoss servers.  I like OpenJMS best
because it's the most lightweight, but your requirements may vary.

BTW, I have an OpenJMS server closing in on one consecutive running
year, with no restarts or anything, and not a single dropped message or
error.  That's kind of exciting.  Maybe I should notify the OpenJMS
people of this...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics