tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Webserver
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:46:09 GMT

Hi,
Tomcat is a webserver and can function as such by itself.  You don't
have to have Apache or IIS or anything in front of it.

The "DocumentRoot" directory is $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/, but you
should read the Tomcat configuration reference as it's vastly different
from Apache.  There are multiple document roots, one per web
application.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics