tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: looking for tomcat/mysql examples
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 20:00:35 GMT

Hi,
Maybe something like this would be helpful for you:
http://www.developer.com/java/data/print.php/10932_2172891_3.

As far as Tomcat is concerned, all DBs are the same.  Tomcat provides
support for connection pooling for J2EE DataSources.  By default the
implementation uses DBCP (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp).  The
Tomcat DataSources how-to has MySQL configuration examples:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples
-howto.html.  The application code is standard again, not specific to
Tomcat or MySQL.  Any JDBC app will do.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics