tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Cannot get log4j logs into tomcat logs folder using relative mechanism
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:05:17 GMT

Hi,
You have to include the variable as ${varName} in your File attribute,
e.g. ${user.dir}/logs/myLog.  See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-user&m=108609662415067&w=2.

However, I recommend a more robust approach.  Maybe this is because I
dislike relying on platform-specific settings like environment
variables.  But anyways, use Ant to do this for you.  Have ant fill in
the File attribute value when you're deploying your webapp.  You can do
this with filter tokens and build.properties files for every developer.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics