tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: [OT] - JVM Max Heap Size on Linux
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:09:56 GMT

Yes, I think this is what we will have to do, although multiple IP addresses arent even required.
All we have to do is run the tomcats on different ports on the same box. As I mentioned in
another post I am awaiting a bug fix in the clustering code with large session sizes before
I can use this though. In the meantime we may have to configure groups of users onto each
seperate tomcat, a pain but we may have to live with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Bateman [mailto:bobbateman@sequoiallc.com]
Sent: 13 August 2004 19:23
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: [OT] - JVM Max Heap Size on Linux

On Friday 13 August 2004 01:13 pm, Dale, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are a call centre and the application is a scripting tool for outbound
> calling. I've seen over 300G an hour of memory allocated with 100 users and
> we need to support well over 200. With that much memory being consumed it
> obviously garbage collects pretty much constantly. A very low percentage of
> the objects make it to the old generation so the young generation garbage
> collection is crippling the box, particularly if it has a busy spell.

Have you thought of using multiple invocations of Tomcat on the same box with
multiple IP addresses assigned?  Each invocation could handle a certain
number of users (round robin, etc.).  I haven't looked, but TC 5 seems to
have some nice stuff to handle multiple TC's running as one site.

Just a thought.

Bob