tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Joseph Olaes <>
Subject Bizzare bug with my class and sharing values between different instances
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:05:00 GMT
Hello, list!

I am currently busting my brain over this problem... I have the following class:

package net.olaes;

import java.lang.String;

public class NumAndString {
  private static int iNum;
  private static String sString;

  public NumAndString(int iNum, String sString){
    this.iNum = iNum;
    this.sString = sString;

  public int getNum(){
    return this.iNum;

  public String getString(){
    return this.sString;

When I try to do the following in my JSP:

Vector v = new Vector();
v.add(new NumAndString(1, "a"));
v.add(new NumAndString(2, "b"));
v.add(new NumAndString(3, "c"));

Iterator i = v.iterator();
  NumAndString nasThisOne = (NumAndString);

I get:

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, my gut says to check my class
definition, but I don't even know how to google up this problem
because I've never seen it before.

Anywho, I'll keep checking the net for my problem, but if anyone has a
quickie solution to my class up above, please help.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance in advance.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message