tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas Rao Ch <s...@quark.co.in>
Subject RE: Weight based load balancing
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:57:18 GMT
>>AFAIK - There isn't anythng like this yet. But there is work on mod_proxy
in
>>httpd-dev which looks promising for this functionality. (But that
>>functionality won't be here in the near future)

I am not using apache web server, using Tomcat alone.

>>A quick alternative is to use to look at the balancer webapp in tomcat 5
and
>>play with its algorithm for choosing an node.

I have seen the balancer app algorithm implementations. That can be done.
But before doing that I want to do some analysis on what parameters has to
be taken into consideration to assign weights to individual nodes of the
cluster, in the production environment.

Regards,
Srinivas

AFAIK - There isn't anythng like this yet. But there is work on mod_proxy in

httpd-dev which looks promising for this functionality. (But that
functionality won't be here in the near future)

A quick alternative is to use to look at the balancer webapp in tomcat 5 and

play with its algorithm for choosing an node.

-Tim