tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas Rao Ch <s...@quark.co.in>
Subject RE: Tomcat clustering
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:00:50 GMT
Can you please tell me what is "mCastAddr" theoritically, Do I need to run
any service there(Or something like Multicast server) to be a valid
multicast address? Can you please eloberate on this, or point me to some
useful link on this.

Regards,
Srinivas

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale, Matt [mailto:Matt.Dale@beCogent.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 5:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat clustering

Your first problem is the mCastAddr, firstly it should be an IP address as
no dns lookups are done, secondly it shouldnt be a machine name, it should
be a valid multicast address, the default is 228.0.0.4.

I would suggest setting your tcpListenAddreess back to auto as per the
default as 127.0.0.1 will not hear the multicast ping.

Ta
Matt