tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas Rao Ch <s...@quark.co.in>
Subject RE: Tomcat clustering
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:05:21 GMT
Matt,

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean "mcastAddr" the loopback address? If yes,
I am not using the root machine(Load Balancer, or the machine which takes
request from clients) for clustering.

And before that, seems that the cluster-nodes are not starting the cluster
service. I am getting the following exception at the console.

SEVERE: Unable to start cluster.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
.java:804)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
.java:756)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.MembershipFactory.getMembershipService(Membershi
pFactory.java:93)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster.start(SimpleTcpCluster.java
:491)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1115)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:816)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1125)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:518)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:234

Can you please tell me where I was wrong.

Regards,
Srinivas