tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sundaram Mahesh" <>
Subject Windows XP as webdav client hangs while accessing any non-IIS webdav server
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:21:53 GMT
Dear All,

We are facing some strange problems while accessing a webdav share from windows XP as client.

1) Occasionally the "windows explorer" window hangs while accessing one of the webdav shares
and that window recovers once i open a new "windows explorer" window and access the same share
or a different share. This behaviour is the same whle accessing the webdav server of tomcat
as well as the webdav server that  we have written ourselves. So it is clearly a client problem.
Was wondering whether any of webdav user also has faced similar problems and if there is a
patch in Windows XP for this issue?

2) Sometimes access to webdav shares from windows XP client throws up this error ( see attached
file). After sometime we are able to access the same share easily. Any clue on what could
this be?

3) Sometimes , after error 2 happens, the selection of a different folder from the webdav
server  simply is rejected and the focus goes back to the original folder which was selected
at the end of point 2.

Any inputs on how to solve these problems is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

This message has been scanned for all known virus by OMNIQuad Mailwall Remote.

View raw message