tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sundaram Mahesh" <mahesh.sunda...@est.fujitsu.com>
Subject Windows XP as webdav client hangs while accessing any non-IIS webdav server
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:21:53 GMT
Dear All,

We are facing some strange problems while accessing a webdav share from windows XP as client.

1) Occasionally the "windows explorer" window hangs while accessing one of the webdav shares
and that window recovers once i open a new "windows explorer" window and access the same share
or a different share. This behaviour is the same whle accessing the webdav server of tomcat
as well as the webdav server that  we have written ourselves. So it is clearly a client problem.
Was wondering whether any of webdav user also has faced similar problems and if there is a
patch in Windows XP for this issue?

2) Sometimes access to webdav shares from windows XP client throws up this error ( see attached
file). After sometime we are able to access the same share easily. Any clue on what could
this be?

3) Sometimes , after error 2 happens, the selection of a different folder from the webdav
server  simply is rejected and the focus goes back to the original folder which was selected
at the end of point 2.

 <<wecerr.txt>>

Any inputs on how to solve these problems is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

regards
Mahesh

This message has been scanned for all known virus by OMNIQuad Mailwall Remote.