tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory - Tomcat 5.0
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:12:56 GMT
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:20:42 -0500, Benjamin Armintor
<ben.armintor@austin.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Sorry to nose in, but:
> 1) Can't you work around this by passing in URLStreamHandlers in the URL constructor?

As far as I know, yes. I played with URLs some time ago: you may want
to double check just in case.

> 2) If you supplant the Tomcat URLStreamHandler with your own, would it interfere with
some jndi stuff (In TC 4, I seem to remember the catalina URLStreamHandlers getting your web
app resources)?

Yes, to some extent. Most of the things would work, but some stuff
would break (for example, if you create a new URL based on the result
of getResource).

Rémy