tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory - Tomcat 5.0
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:57:35 GMT
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:55:34 -0400, Shapira, Yoav <> wrote:
> Hi,
> It's funny you should ask now, just as I was contemplating
>  I think I'm
> going to implement that in the coming days, probably via a system
> property (a bit ugly, but this is enough of a marginal feature that I
> can live with it being ugly for now).  However until that happens, the
> answer to your question is no: the setURLStreamHandlerFactory call
> cannot be avoided with current Tomcat releases.  You must build a custom
> Tomcat to do that.

Since setURLStreamHandlerFactory is a one-per-VM type call, it is not
justifiable to require using that anywhere in user applications. I'm
ok if you want to allow extending the Tomcat stream handler a little,
but I used to resolve this report with WONTFIX.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message