tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Havens, Peter" <peter.hav...@hp.com>
Subject CGI for tomcat on linux
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:25:01 GMT
Hello all,

I am trying to get CGI working on tomcat 4.1.29 in a RedHat Linux
environment.  I have all ready got it working on my Windows environment
and it is working great.  It seems to be quite easy and I followed the
instructions exactly as they are found here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/cgi-howto.html

I did these same steps on both my Windows and my LINUX box but I keep
getting an error 500 on my LINUX box.  I have included the exception
that I am seeing on the browser when I try to access my cgi executable.
I have tried many different executables and scripts but I always get the
same response.

There error seems to imply that the cgi file that I am trying to run
does not exist.  I have validated its location and the permissions to
the file are wide open.

Has anyone run in to this before or do you know why I am getting this?

Thanks in advance,

-Peter

Below is the exception report

----

HTTP Status 500

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException:
"/opt/hpwebadmin/webapps/mxhelp/WEB-INF/cgi/namazucgi": not found
	at java.lang.UNIXProcess.(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet$CGIRunner.run(CGIServlet.java:15
92)
	at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet.doGet(CGIServlet.java:635)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFi
lterChain.java:98)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterC
hain.java:176)
	at
erChain.java:172)
	at
e.java:256)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
e.java:191)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticator
Base.java:494)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:246)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:241
7)
	at
:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:171)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
:172)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:
376)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
java:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:193)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:78
1)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:549)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:58
9)
	at
.java:666)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)