tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sinkinson,Andrew [NCR]" <>
Subject AW: Access Log Valve
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:32:10 GMT

Forgot to enableLookups="true" on the Connector.  By default it is set
to false :)
-----Original Message-----
From: QM []
Sent: August 31, 2004 10:31 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Access Log Valve

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:29:09AM -0400, Sinkinson,Andrew [NCR] wrote:
:   I have enabled access logging by uncomment the Access Log Valve in
: server.xml file.  I have added the resolveHosts attribute and set it
: true.  I have also changed the pattern attribute to %h so that I can
: just get the  Remote host name in the log file.  In the access log
: I only get an ip address per request.  Any ideas on why I am not able
: resolve host names?

Just one -- perhaps the IPs in question do not resolve to hostnames.

Put another way, those IPs may not be resolvable from the Tomcat host.

software  --
tech news --

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: