tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sinkinson,Andrew [NCR]" <>
Subject RE: Configuring RemoteHostValve
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:01:08 GMT
I have tried using a lot of different regexps in the allow attribute of
the valve element but have not had any luck.
All I want is a regexps that validates that the dns is from

Any help would be appreciated...thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: QM []
Sent: August 26, 2004 4:18 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Configuring RemoteHostValve

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 01:53:26PM -0400, Sinkinson,Andrew [NCR] wrote:
: > I am having difficulty in setting up a RemoteHostValve for my
: > [snip]
: >       <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteHostValve"
: > allow="*"/>

The docs state this should be a regular expression.
What you've included here is not a regular expression, but a wildcard.

Review a couple of sites/docs on regexps and you'll see what I mean.

software  --
tech news --

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: