tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan" <...@mcenter.com>
Subject Compile all JSPs on startup
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:40:11 GMT
OK, I've searched through the archives and didn't find anything that really
settled this.

Is there a configuration setting for Tomcat to it recompile all JSP files
at start up?

The only thing I saw was that one could create a startup servlet that would
go through all directories searching for JSP pages then create a
URLConnection and call the page with the querystring "precompile=true"

	http://my-server.com/my-page.jsp?precompile=true

If this is the only way, how and where do you specify startup servlets in
tomcat?  And what if I want to enable/disable this feature on startup
--  what's best approach for setting the flag in tomcats config files?