tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "D'Alessandro, Arthur" <Arthur.D'Alessan...@cbetech.com>
Subject RE: Newbie - JDBC problem "Name is not bound in this context"
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:19:11 GMT
<Context cachingAllowed="true" docBase="yourwebappname.war" debug="99"
path="/yourwebappname" privileged="false" reloadable="true"
swallowOutput="true">
  <ResourceLink name="jdbc/jimnew" global="jdbc/jimnew"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
</Context>

Either in your server.xml, or as 'context.xml' in your webapps /META-INF
folder..

-----Original Message-----
From: ohaya [mailto:ohaya@cox.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 8:11 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Newbie - JDBC problem "Name is not bound in this context"

"D'Alessandro, Arthur" wrote:

> Add a resourcelink to your context definition.

Arthur,

I'm kind of (well, really) new to Tomcat, so could you clarify?

Am I right that you mean to add that to the server.xml?

At least with the distribution that I installed, which I posted with my
original msg, when I looked at the server.xml, there was hardly anything
in it, i.e., no Context, etc.  I think that there was basically just the
<SERVER>, <RESOURCE>, <RESOURCE PARAMS>, and <SERVICE>.

Given that that's the case, can I add JUST a <RESOURCELINK>, or do I
need to add a <CONTEXT> also?

Like I said, this is almost all new to me, so it's a little confusing...

Thanks,
Jim