tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Performance implications of running direct from WAR?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:49:59 GMT
I'm struggling with the TC manager app/docs etc... and thought if just one file sat there I
could deloy a new one easily and quickly. My Ant DIST target generates me a WAR. In an ideal
world I would like to be able to either use a web UI to upload, or drop this WAR on top of
the existing one in webapps and have Tomcat undeploy the old and deploy the new. I am just
not getting how to do this. Everytime I deploy I stop Tomcat, delete the old war and expanded
files and put the new WAR in webapps and restart tomcat where it then expands all the files.
of course, it still does not work, and I have to restart tomcat to get it to to actually start
"seeing" the files as it were to serve requests.

Allistair Crossley

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055