tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: [OFFTOPIC] Removing attribute from all HttpSessions
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:01:20 GMT
I should have explained some more I guess. I am currently using OSCACHE at the UI layer to
cached search results strings per page ID in application scope. It is very effective indeed.
The search results come from a content management system. When users interact with the CMS,
events are fired to a listener and I can determine which page in the cache needs updating.

However I realised this morning that search results per row are security contolled. Therefore
user A's search results for page 5 are not necessarily the same as user B's.

Hence the need for user-level caching. I used my own caching Hashes before but OSCACHE is
very powerful. OSCACHE's cache JSP tag also provides only application and session scope, therefore
I was thinking session caching must be the only other solution for my problem. But I need
to be able to programmatically flush many user sessions. Perhaps I need to store the caches
created per session somewhere so I can grab them.

Allistair Crossley