tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: 'tomcat' XP starting as a service - not starting/not listed
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 04:27:44 GMT
It should be listed as "Apache Tomcat".  How did you install?  It should be...

%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat5.exe [install | remove]

Make sure when you install that you do it under an administrator account,
otherwise the command will look as if it succeeded, but the service won't
exist.  Just start up a cmd prompt using "run as" and some
administrator.  You'll have to do the same thing when bringing up the
services applet in order to be able to start/stop the service.

Jake