tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Einsle <rob...@einsle.de>
Subject Access zu an jdbc Datasource
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:02:03 GMT
Hello List,

I'm trying zu connect to an JDBC Datasource connecting to an Postgres
Database. But it will not work.

I tryed it link the Documentation, adding the Datasource under
GlobalNamingResources, and add the another in web.xml.

In ProgrammSource:

--- cut ---
Context initContext = new InitialContext();
Context envContext = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env");
DataSource ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/postgres");
Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

The another is link the description in the JDBC Howto.

While ds.getConnection() i recieved an Exception, cannot connect to
Datasource name ''.

Searchin a little bit, i cannot find the Environment for the
Postgresdatabasesource.

Does anyone has an Idea / Howto i can lokk about my Problem??

Thanks for Help

\Robby